So a few weeks ago I was sitting at lunch with my friend Sara and I was complaining about the fact that I have gained weight despite my best half-hearted efforts. What I didn't take into account was that John was sitting next to me.
Since then he has not ceased to remind me that I need to lose weight. It comes up in conversation, it comes up out of the blue. I tell him it hurts my feelings and he says, "well, I can't say you're skinny... you're not."
Thanks buddy. If you know Jared at all then you know John's personality is so similar. Don't ask either one if you're fat, they don't know how to fake it-- even if it might be in their best interest. (Not that Jared tells me I'm fat-- he doesn't-- and I know better than to ask)
This morning after a similar conversation sweet Katherine runs up to me and says, "Mommy, you're just the right size for me!"
Ever the diplomat.
Oh and by the way, don't bother telling me I'm not fat... but also, please don't tell me that I am. Thanks.
4 comments:
Ok I wont tell you your not fat BUT it could be worse you could be as Fat as me :).
I had my niece a few years ago before I was married as I was walking out the door say to me "Aunt Kelly.......(here I thought I might hear I love you) however it was Your Fat! Needless to say the date didn't go well, all I could focus on was the truthfulness of the 4 year olds words.
Kids, gotta love them in ALL their glory.
I'm with Kitty on this one...
“A person's a person, no matter how small.”
I can't argue with the Doctor!
Could you send your diplomat to my house for some training sessions with my boys?
Post a Comment