I am really great at talking myself out of doing something I find undesirable, or even something I find desirable but that requires a little extra time and effort. I can find a good distraction anywhere. Forgive the following lame analogy but since we didn't forbid Spongebob soon enough I now have every episode memorized. I am literally Spongebob trying to write his essay. He cleans his kitchen, calls a friend, gets distracted by everyone playing outside, falls asleep, and eventually writes the essay at the very last minute. That's me.
I have a whole slew of things I thought I would accomplish once John went to full-day Kindergarten. That was back in August. The only thing I accomplished on that list is painting Kitty's room and since it took me an entire week (don't ask) I have avoided starting John's room. But really the truth is I haven't done John's room yet because I haven't cleaned, gone through everything, and reorganized. So there I am, stuck because before I dedicate my time to his room I need to do the dishes and catch up on the laundry. I think that is the explanation for everything I haven't accomplished-- the dishes and the laundry.
So here's my wish list that I am going to really try to accomplish. I just need to bite the bullet and get started... after I clean the kitchen.
Finish the breakfast bar in my kitchen
Replace counter top in kitchen
Retile entryway
Tile kids bathroom
Paint bathroom cabinet
Paint TV cabinet
Paint John's room
Paint hallway
Trim the kitchen
That's doable, right? We also need to redo our downstairs bathroom, but I think that might be more than I can do on my own. I'll have to see if Bogda is busy...
2 comments:
Give me a date and a time and I will be there! Some thing's you can't do on your own, and it's okay to ask for a friends help! I love doing household projects, just call.
I have the same illness. Why is it that I can't do anything until the Kitchen is clean first?
Post a Comment